Re: gtkdialog again (sorry) – How to use variables inside gtkdialog?

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 16:19:44 UTC 2013

2013/4/25 Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum at gmail.com>:
> 2013/4/22 Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum at gmail.com>:
>> I just can't figure it out. I saw an example (I think) but now I can't find it:
>> Let's say that I have three combo boxes in a dialogue:
>>
>> blah blah
>>
>> <comboboxentry>
>>     blah blah
>>     <variable>y</variable>
>>     blah blah
>> </comboboxentry>
>>
>> <comboboxentry>
>>     blah blah
>>     <variable>x</variable>
>>     blah blah
>> </comboboxentry>
>>
>> <comboboxentry>
>>     blah blah
>>     <variable>z</variable>
>>     blah blah
>> </comboboxentry>
>>
>> Then I have an editable text box:
>> <edit>
>>     blah blah
>>     <variable>Text</variable>
>>     blah blah
>> </edit>
>>
>> And finally an add button:
>> <button label="Add">
>>     blah blah
>> </button>
>>
>> blah blah
>>
>> What I want to do is to select some combo box entries and click the
>> add button. A new line should then be added to the editable text box,
>> for instance (expressed in bash syntax):
>> Text="${Text}\n${x}: ${y} – ${z}"
>>
>> I have tried the most obvious things, but nothing made me happy so far…
>>
>> I figured out how to copy the text (if I enter it manually directly to
>> the box) to a file using the <output file> tag, but not how to get the
>> text INTO the box without typing it manually…
>>
>> Sorry for bothering so much the last few days.
>>

>> Johnny Rosenberg
>

> Okay, maybe too much text, who would ever care to read all that…?
> So I just faked an image that maybe displays what I want to do:
>
> http://ubuntuone.com/4yHWyFSSoJBKvafE8NHzHY
>
> Johnny Rosenberg

So this is really impossible with gtkdialog?
I guess gtkdialog isn't what I need, then. I really thought it was for
quite a while, my fault, sorry for bothering.
Well, it doesn't matter anyway. I guess I can do what I want with
PyGTK. The problem with that is that I need to first learn Python,
then learn PyGTK, so I guess I have some studying to do…

Johnny Rosenberg