After upgrade to Raring, LibreOffice automati spellcheck does not function any more.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 12:00:28 UTC 2013

Hello Collin,
thanks for your feed back.
> If you go to Tools > Options > Language Settings > Writing Aids
> is the spellchecker enabled in Available Language Modules,

Yes, it is. However......

> have you got one or more dictionaries enabled
Here comes the first weird detail. Inside the overall Kubuntu system,
I have enabled Dutch, British English and 6 other dictionaries; all of
them show up in the list of dictionaries that can be enabled, except
Dutch - exactly the language I cannot spell check inside LibreOffice.
For now, I use the e-mail programme Kontact to check the Dutch
spelling. However, I am looking for a possibility to get back the
Dutch spell check in LibreOffice.

> and is Check Spelling as you type enabled?
Yes, it is. It works with all installed language modules, except Dutch
- see above.
I have tried to get back an active Dutch dictionary via TOOLS >
options > language settings > language aids. But this does not work.ll

What to do next? Purge and reinstall LibreOffice? Anything else?

Thanks for replying.
Bas Roufs.