many configuration files that broked my system

pete smout psmouty at live.com
Mon Apr 29 20:27:12 UTC 2013

On 29/04/13 20:57, Pop Horea wrote:
> I'm refering to removal of: .config .gnome .gnome2 folders. But those 2
> commands are ok too.

Hi,
Sorry for the misunderstanding ;)

I would look into

  gconftool-2 --recursive-unset

dpkg-reconfigure <package_name>

I have had to use both on previous occasions, but cannot offer any
further advice (found as solutions to problems on google)
I am sure google can be your friend here as well (search commands)

Maybe someone here will help further expand on these commands? But I
prefer to try and do my own research, as I learn more that way!?!

Reagards

Pete