How do I update Grub2 when I can't boot into linux at all?

Kaj Haulrich kaj.haulrich at adslhome.dk
Mon Apr 29 10:58:00 UTC 2013

On 04/29/2013 11:41 AM, James R McKenzie wrote:
> I tried to install KDE 4.10.? (what ever the latest version is)
> Ubuntu 13.04 64 bit and can't boot into it at all. The short answer
> as to why I want KDE is I detest Mate, Cinnamon and all the other
> Gnome 3 desktops. How do I remove it (Ubuntu 13.04) from GRUB2 and
> boot Linux Mint 14 by default. I tried to download & install Grub
> Doctor but came up with dependency issues, ie it won't install.

Not sure what you mean here, but if you have ubuntu 13.04 already
installed, then you can get the Kubuntu interface (KDE) by just opening
a terminal and:

sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

which will let you choose either ubuntu or kubuntu at login (after the
system boots, not in grub).

HTH
Kaj Haulrich.
--
--- Sent from a 100% Microsoft-free computer---
--------- Running Linux Kubuntu 13.04 ---------