only 2 workspaces on 12.04

Gary Kirkpatrick garyartista at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 05:10:35 UTC 2013

I did a disk clean up from 'advanced options' for linuz kernel 3.2.x and it
removed several old kernels and a total of 220 megs of stuff.  Now I have
only 2 workspaces.  In Compiz it says there are 4.  Is there a fix for
this?  If I installed 3.4 would it do the trick or does it have nothing to
do with the kernel?   3.5 does not work at all- I get a blank screen and
cntrl alt f1 does not work.

After the clean up the system works a lot quicker, the typing lag is gone.

thanks

garyk
asus 1025ce with the infamous cedarview video drivers-  13.04 works in 3d
by the way but very sluggish.