No driver for this device?

staticsafe me at staticsafe.ca
Sat Apr 20 04:04:08 UTC 2013

On 4/19/2013 23:51, JD wrote:
> Ubuntu 12.10 - latest updates.
> I have a flash memory device, which lspci reports as
>
> 00:09.0 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ711M1/MC1 4-in-1 MemoryCardBus
> Controller (rev 20)
> 00:09.1 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ711M1/MC1 4-in-1 MemoryCardBus
> Controller (rev 20)
> 00:09.2 System peripheral: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ711Mx 4-in-1 MemoryCardBus
> Accelerator
>
> However, inserting an sd card into it's slot does not
> result in the kernel recognizing any media presence in the slot.
>
> Does anyone have this device? Are you able to use it?

With some quick searching [0][1], there doesn't seem to a driver for
that particular card reader in the linux kernel. There does seem to be
out-of-tree drivers but looks like they cannot be built on newer kernels.

[0] - http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0610.3/0892.html
[1] -
http://www.linuxdriverproject.org/mediawiki/index.php/Drivers_Needed#Flash_media_readers
--