advanced options in grub menu

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 14:29:56 UTC 2013

Hello,
Thanks, this works.

I have now a problem;
I put this "GRUB_DEFAULT="2>4"" in /boot/grub/grub.cfg and
it was OK.

However, this is also a machine on which I build kernels (from kernel
tree) and after "make && make install" of a kernel tree, the
/boot/grub/grub.cfg is rewritten and the GRUB_DEFAULT entry
disappears.
Is there a way to avoid rewriting of this entry (maybe put it under some
/etc/grub.d ?
rgs
Kevin