Ubuntu phone

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 16 08:55:36 UTC 2013

hi,
On Di, 2013-04-16 at 10:21 +0200, Tom Rausner wrote:

> On Apr 16, 2013 8:30 AM, "Jared Norris" <jrnorris at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure if anyone from that particular team monitors this
> mailing list
>
> That was exactly what I was wondering...

yes :)

> > so I thought I could point you to some relevant places that should
> be useful. If you're looking for the official Canonical commercial
> reality then it's available on the Ubuntu website [1]
>
> I was more interested in info from "behind the scenes"

there is a weekly status we send to the ubuntu-phone mailing list, once
there are any done deals they will be listed in this ...

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-phone

> > Personally, I can't wait until it's a viable alternative. It would
> be handy to have integrated phone, desktop, laptop, tablet (and maybe
> TV?) operating system.
you will see the full integration with Ubuntu 14.04 on all devices.
starting with the 13.10 cycle (next month) the phone UI will enter the
desktop and slowly replace the old unity ...

ciao
	oli