Restricted extras query

Seattle Chaz seattlechaz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 04:57:31 UTC 2013

Thufir:  my understanding is that the restricted packages are identical but are distinguished by the built in linkages to the different desktop environments. I don't understand why you're seeing lubuntu notices, though.  I run ubuntustudio, so I see xubuntu notices on occasion.  As far as getting "all" codecs, I install restricted extras and medibuntu.  Pretty sure I haven't missed anything.