Unauthenticated sources

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 02:09:54 UTC 2013

On 04/14/2013 01:05 PM, Colin Law wrote:
> On 14 April 2013 18:14, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> How can I authenticate what Software Updater calls unauthenticated.
>>

>> Software updater says:
>>
>> Requires installation of untrusted packages
>>
>> This requires installing packages from unauthenticated sources.
>>
>> Details:
>>
>> ffmpeg libav-tools libavcodec-extra-53 libavdevice53 libavfilter2
>> libavformat53 libavutil-extra-51 libavutil51 libopencv-core2.3
>> libopencv-imgproc2.3 libpostproc52 libswresample0 libswscale2 libtbb2
> Have you added something to the sources list, perhaps a ppa?
>
> I think if you do
> apt-cache policy ffmpeg
> it will tell you where it is trying to fetch it from, then you can get
> the key for that source.
>
> Colin

Thank you Colin.
I was able to import the key and the error message disappeared
from the software updater.
But because there ffmpeg from the repo I do want conflicts with
the ffmpeg which is probably coming from some canonical ubuntu
ppa, the updater now belches out this error message:

.
.
.
.
Setting up libav-tools (6:0.10.6-0ubuntu0jon1) ...
dpkg: error processing libavutil-extra-51 (--configure):
  no package named `libavutil-extra-51' is installed, cannot configure
Processing triggers for libc-bin ...
No apport report written because MaxReports is reached already
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
  libavutil-extra-51
Error in function: