iptables problem

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 20:40:54 UTC 2013

Hi all iptables gurus,

In /etc/iptables, I only allow in established connections(whicih I
connect to
from my machine to the internet at large).

All others:

# Log and drop the rest
#
-A INPUT -j LOG --log-level 7 --log-prefix "Dropped by firewall: "

But, I do not see the log of dropped connectionrequests,
even though, my router's log shows numerous incoming
connections from ip addresses from all over the world.
When I dig these ip addresses, most of them do not map
onto a domain name.

When I run
iptables -L -n

it indeed shows the rules I have in /etc/iptables

So, what do I need to do to force the kernel to log DROPPED
incoming requests?