system failure

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 20:43:33 UTC 2013

On 04/08/2013 12:20 PM, Jkhatri wrote:

>>> have a look at this...[1]
>>>
>>> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xdiagnose/+bug/997470
>>>

>>> Temp solution, install Intel's latest video driver, from Intel
>>> official site or using the ppa described here[2]
>>>
>>> [2] https://launchpad.net/~glasen/+archive/intel-driver
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>> Thank you, this looks good. However, how do I access and install the
>> software when the keyboard and mouse buttons do not work reliably?

Could you go into text mode? ctrl/alt/F1 ? Login and do the job from
there cleanly?? Methinks that mode ought to work even if X is all
botched up. You might have to use the optional "pen and paper interface"
to record the instructions for you to type on a command line. It could
be worse. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html