two local CUPS databases? Where is my config stored?
cts.private at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 20:12:50 UTC 2013
I can't print double-sided from either of my two Ubuntu ("Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS") workstations, even though:
- my printer can print double-sided
- I used to be able to print double-sided on it, from SuSE
- CUPS at localhost:631 is configured with a duplex unit and duplex on long side.
Some other interesting points:
- I use neither gnome nor kde (but rather FVWM)
- I'm trying to print with the lp from the command line - used to be able to do it from SuSE
- the postscript data contains the appropriate duplex statements, as shown by my success with SuSE
- CUPS is 1.4.3.
Now here's the the part about the two local CUPS databases.
On one of the workstations, I used kate. From within kate, I went through all the MS-like printing menus (options, properties, tabs, etc.) and it printed doubled sided!
What's more, when I left kate and tried with lp again, it worked!
Do I have to do the same thing on my other workstation, or can I just configure it once, from the command line, without the detour over kate? And should I throw away CUPS?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ubuntu-users