bottom posting with Gmail

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 19:23:10 UTC 2013

On 8 April 2013 20:13, James Freer <jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 1:33 AM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>> When you hit Reply & get the new compose-in-a-subwindow inside the
>> Gmail window, press Ctrl-A to select all.
>
> Liam thanks - where did you find out about ctrl-A. I thought there
> must be a way of doing it but couldn't find one. ctrl-A and then
> ctrl-End is all one needs.

I find that positions the cursor after my email sig, or frequently
fails to actually move to the bottom of the email at all and leaves
one typing at the bottom but looking at the top.

But it's a web app, so is liable to change at any time with no notice
or warning.

>> Saying that, I'm not confident. Gmail is continually degrading with
>> recent releases.
>
> I'd agree but i still find Gmail the best of all the one's available.
> The conversations are excellent for mailing lists.

I concur. But I am starting to consider that maybe it is time to go
back to using an actual local client app, at least on my primary
machine. That is poor progress and a distinct step down. I really Do
Not Like the "new look" we had foisted upon us a while ago; the "new
compose" is even worse.

At one point, I was worried about Google's growing power. Now, with
its recent moves (Gmail tweaks, closing of Google Reader and Wave &
many other services, the arrival of good competitors to Android & the
lack of a coherent response, & above all, the loss of exclusivity on
the PageRank patent in 2011) I am much less so; I think it might
actually weaken itself into a much less influential position.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884