Ubuntu Studio Install Gone Bad

William Scott Lockwood III vladinator at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 16:43:18 UTC 2013

On Apr 5, 2013 8:02 AM, "Joseph" <ubuntu at e-pops.org> wrote:
> I just looked, and it was at: http://ubuntustudio.org/download/
>
> I downloaded from the first "Direct Links" and I used the 64-bit 12.10
ISO Image...  So it wasn't the 13.04 which is on the other side of the
page.  I THOUGHT I was getting 13...

> Joseph

I have been using Ubuntu Studio for years. I suggest trying the 12.04
release, and if it is stable for you, upgrade to 12.10 from there. I was
able to do that with no issues when 12.10 was released. I suggest skipping
alpha releases, early releases, etc. Unless you are a developer, system
administrator, or something equally technical where you are used to
troubleshooting and reporting bugs. For day to day usage, just stick with
stable.

W Scott Lockwood III