motherboard

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Wed Apr 3 18:19:30 UTC 2013

> I am considering replacing the motherboard in my PC and would welcome
> advice on MBs which are compatible with Ubuntu and Windows. Thanks in
> advance

I build systems and have tried and tested these cpus and boards. They work
very well with Windows and Ubuntu. They have decent onboard video cards that
can be disabled, so you can add a faster card if you need to.

For a low cost, dual core upgrade:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xgnO

And for a more high-end, quad core system:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Oc9d

Both are fast and run cool, and have modern ports like Sata 6Gb/s and USB 3.

I use systems like these to run Ubuntu Server that host KVM virtual
machines. And for Windows 7 desktops for my clients.