Get update type of .deb file

Big bang theory baglio.giuseppe at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 16:28:58 UTC 2013

Tom H-4 wrote
> It's either held locally in "/var/lib/apt/lists/*_Packages" or in a
> repository; for the UK:
>
> http://uk.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/raring/{main,multiverse,restricted,universe}/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2"

I've looked into those files and apparently they can be my solution but one
question popped out:
the files contain only the last version for each package, aren't they?
I'll make myself clearer. Let's say that a package has more than one update
in the repository precise-updates or precise-security, for example
pkg-name_version_revision1.0
and
pkg-name_version_revision1.2

In this case I won't be able to fetch the repo info for
pkg-name_version_revision1.0 right? Or maybe I'm missing something