boot menu

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 2 08:38:55 UTC 2013

On 02/04/13 01:11, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2013-04-01 23:39 (GMT+1100) Basil Chupin composed:
>
>> I went thru a period of "hell" recently when trying to figure out grub2
>> versus grub (legacy) but finally "I can see clearly now, the rain is
>> gone." :-) . Grub2 is a piece of cake to use
>
> Not if Fedora 18 is involved with a multiboot system on which you wish
> each installed OS's Grub confined to it's own / partition. On Fedora
> 18, your choices at installation time are install Grub to MBR, or
> install no boot loader at all.

Which is exactly what I stated in my post: Fedora writes its boot info
in the MBR just like Windows does.

But there is little trouble in getting out this hassle created by Fedora
(or even Windows for that matter).

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3 x86_64 KDE 4.10.1 & kernel 3.8.5-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor