Unity!

Art Edwards edwardsa at icantbelieveimdoingthis.com
Sat Sep 29 02:29:03 UTC 2012

On 09/24/2012 09:44 AM, Jan LitwiƄski wrote:
> I used Ubuntu for several years with Gnome 2, but I stop use it when it
> started to use Unity, which initially I don't like. I have a
> question for you Ubuntu users: How now Unity is
>  exercises?

I have just tried Mate 1.4. This is good enough that I'm going to
upgrade most of my machines from natty, the last gnome-2 desktop system.
If you do a lot of development, and liked the gnome-2 desktop, then,
really, give Mate 1.4 a try.  I found that the new Mate is faster and
seems to use significantly less of the CPU.

See

http://mate-desktop.org/

There are nice instructions for installation under ubuntu.

Art Edwards