CD/DVD tray refuses to stay open

CJ Tres ctres at grics.net
Thu Sep 27 13:37:43 UTC 2012

The subject line says it all.

This just occurred out of the blue, no changes to settings or anything.

I found a thread from 2009 where Mythbuntu users found a bug that
(should) have fixed it:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7212#comment:2

Some reported that it might be caused by mtd running as a daemon and
killing mtd from a terminal stops the behavior.

Didn't for me... "mtd:no process found"

Other thread I've found have the opposite problem, the tray refuses to
stay closed.

"eject -t" says:
> eject: tried to use `/media/cdrom' as device name but it is no block device
> eject: unable to find or open device for: `cdrom'

Any ideas?