Unity!

Steven Davies-Morris sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Wed Sep 26 17:45:27 UTC 2012

On 09/26/2012 09:42 AM, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
> On 26/09/12 16:51, Steven Davies-Morris wrote:

>>> edit:
>>> I should have said my DNS server - Open DNS - blocks the site.
>>>

>> I have no idea why it would be ID'd as a phishing site.  It is the
>> official home of snowlinux and is above board. There are several
>> snowlinux debian platforms.  All are solid pieces of work.
>>
>> Try the top-level page and work down from there.
>>
>> <www.snowlinux.de>
>

> It's the domain that's blocked!
>
> Peter HB

Sorry to hear that, Peter. I don't know what to tell you to do. I've
sent the contact email for snowlinux an advisory that they are being
blocked by some DNS services as a phishing site.

Direct d/l links for the 32 bit and 74 bit disks are after the specs.
maybe those will work for you. If they don't I'd be willing to put the
64 bit disk image onto my dropbox for one week.

Snowlinux 2 MATE

If you find bugs please post it in the blog entry or join our IRC
channel: Live chat or irc.freenode.net #snowlinux. Snowlinux 2 "Cream"
is based upon the LTS edition Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise Pangolin" and is
supported for 5 years until April 2017. Because of the fact of LTS this
edition is extremly stable and fast. Due drastic changes with Gnome 3
and Unity, Snowlinux is getting as always a traditional desktop like
Gnome 2, the Gnome 2 fork MATE.

New features:
MATE desktop
Linux kernel 3.2
Chromium 18
Firefox 12
Thunderbird 12.0.1
Snowlinux-Metal-Theme
Snowlinux-Metal-Icons
Open as administrator
Open in terminal
Delete permanently
Terminal colors
universe, multiverse and Medibuntu repository
Better software selection
Improved speed and response
New look and feel
System improvements

Information:
Snowlinux 2 "Cream" is based upon Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise Pangolin". It
comes along with the long-term-support (LTS) Linux kernel 3.2 which was
made available upstream and MATE 1.2 which was made available by us. It
has installed chromium-browser, icedove, banshee and shotwell by default.

Life cycle:
Snowlinux 2 "Cream" is a LTS edition and supported until April 2017.

Compatibility with Ubuntu:
Snowlinux 2 "Cream" is 100 % compatible with Ubuntu's Repository.

System requirements:
• x86-CPU
• 512 MB memory
• 4 GB free disk space
• Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
• CD-ROM drive or USB port

MD5SUM:
32-bit: 8a3f7b428b6446dce12d4a73241c7b52
64-bit: ac0d9c66567e28aa3465bcee084a2865

Download:

32 bit image:
<http://cdimage.snowlinux.de/releases/stable/2-cream/snowlinux-2-cream-i386.iso>

64 bit image:
<http://cdimage.snowlinux.de/releases/stable/2-cream/snowlinux-2-cream-amd64.iso>
--
SDM a 21st century schizoid man in SoCal
Systems Theory website www.systemstheory.net