how to install latest security patches/updates for 10.10

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.net
Wed Sep 19 18:26:40 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-09-19 at 11:08 -0700, Rajeev Prasad wrote:
> I have 10.10 running, no plans to upgrade. how can i make sure it
> continue to get security updates?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  As a non-LTS (long-term
support) release, Ubuntu 10.10 had 18 months of support, which ended in
April 2012.  Since then (and into the future) no new updates, security
or otherwise, have been or will be produced by Canonical.

I'm not aware of anyone else, not Canonical, taking over that
responsibility for older Ubuntu releases.

> also, are app security updates available for 10.10 installed apps now?

The 10.10 repository is still available.  Whatever is in that repository
right now is all there ever will be.

For more information about Ubuntu releases and end-of-life dates, see:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

Cheers!