Ubuntu without pre-installed software?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 01:55:18 UTC 2012

On 18 September 2012 22:57, Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> As for a minimal, customisable Ubuntu - well, the netinst ISO is a
>> good suggestion. Failing that, there is Debian!
>
> netinst?! I don't think that Ubuntu has such an ISO. :)

Yes it does. Here you go:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD

> I don't think that an Ubuntu install will be larger or significantly
> larger that a Debian one for the same WM or DE.

Nah, there is not a lot in it. Debian is a bit smaller and runs a bit
better on low-end hardware, but it doesn't have Ubuntu's graphical
startup and shutdown screens, replacement init dæmon and thus fast
bootup and shutdown times and some other niceties.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884