Ubuntu without pre-installed software?

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 00:07:31 UTC 2012

No need to get worried. I too was just voicing my opinion, I actually
think BOTH methods might be acceptable. For the "experienced" Linux
users, I mean really....who WANTS to spend half the afternoon removing
software they'll never use or don't need? And then again, for the
"noobies" of which I am one, I NEED to have some of that stuff
pre-installed for me, because I'm not "learned" enough to know how to
install everything with the configurations I need or have become
accustomed to. But I think there SHOULD be a middle ground, and the fact
that they're doing away with an Alternative .iso file might mean that
both you and I have to become more affluent in using Ubuntu on a daily
basis! As for myself I have quite a few exciting things I'm hoping
for....(maybe a Gnome Desktop Environment?..LoL!) and some new
backgrounds....features....apps...etc. I look at my usage of 12.04 as
the "escape" from the Locked Into What THEY Want You To Use
"prison"!....LoL!!!

EGO II