Ubuntu without pre-installed software?

Pongo Pan pongo_pan at fastmail.us
Tue Sep 18 17:02:24 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-18 at 17:32 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:

<snipped>

> As for a minimal, customisable Ubuntu - well, the netinst ISO is a
> good suggestion. Failing that, there is Debian! :¬)

Or Bodhi, which has the surprisingly light and very customizable E17
desktop, is based on Ubuntu 12.04 and installs almost nothing beyond the
OS and the desktop.  The 64 bit iso is only 561.4 MiB.  You can lard it
up or not as you like.  Artistic people (not me!) do beautiful or weird
or starkly plain and simple things with E17.  Works very well for me on
an old laptop I use when traveling.  I used to use CrunchBang for this:
based directly on Debian and very stark and simple by design.  I found
the black and whiteness headache provoking in the long run.

There are lots of choices.

--
pongo pan
Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:01:07 -0700