Ubuntu without pre-installed software?

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 09:14:30 UTC 2012

Not for nothing, but I cease to always be amazed when someone
"complains" about a certain distro not being "custom tailored" to their
specific needs / wants / desires. I can appreciate the fact that a lot
of the time there's usually software included with a distro that lots of
people don't and WON'T use, but if it's that much of an issue for you
then just delete it. Because if you stop and think about the "other"
software company, you get what THEY give you whether you like it or NOT!
And most times you cannot uninstall it. (Ever try removing Internet
Explorer from Windows?...) My advice to you and others who feel that
things aren't' EXACTLY the way you want it? Just "make" it your own!
Whether it's software you need...or DON'T need...or things you want or
DON'T want go ahead and make whatever changes you want....because THAT'S
the REAL "beauty" and "attraction" of Linux.....the ability to make it
as YOU like it!.....Sorry for ranting, but I just had to get that off my
chest.....carry on!

Cheers!

EGO II