desktop b0rken: was Re: X not working on precise

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 14 19:17:40 UTC 2012

On 09/14/2012 09:35 AM, NoOp wrote:
> On 09/13/2012 07:06 AM, Dave Howorth wrote:
>> Avi Greenbury wrote:
>>>
>>> Was this installed by installing the lubuntu-desktop package, or did
>>> you install the components individually?
>>
>> IIRC, I just installed lxde. In any event, I don't have any lubuntu
>> packages installed.
>
> Which version of lxdm?

Reason for asking:
<http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXDM>
<quote>
If you want to have a choice between starting in LXDE or other options
(including simply Openbox) then it's important not to use LXDM versions
earlier than 0.3.0, as they have a bug which interferes with sessions
other than LXDE. The bug was worked around by adding support for .dmrc
in LXDM 0.3.0.
</quote>