Technical steps to debrand Ubuntu?

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 13 00:03:51 UTC 2012

hi,
On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:34:08 -0500
William Scott Lockwood III <vladinator at gmail.com> wrote:

> And while I doubt the company in question wants to do so, someone
> really should take Canonicals ass to court over that. You cannot
> trademark common words regardless of the language used.

no, and guess what, trademark registrars in the world know that ;)

sadly there is no english version of that wikipage, but have a look at
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_(Waschmittel) ... (you can buy it in
germany)

canonical owns the trademark Ubuntu (and several others like ku|xu|
edubuntu) for software products ... it does not own the trademark for
i.e. beverages called ubuntu http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Cola
or for restaurants http://www.ubuntunapa.com/restaurant/

;)

ciao