Calculating the size of /

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Mon Sep 10 20:16:51 UTC 2012

On 09/10/2012 02:15 PM, Gilles Gravier wrote:
> Adding -x to du tells it so skip directories on different filesystems...
> Should give you what you want.
>
>> sudo du -shcx /
>
> Gilles.

I don't have any other file systems that I know of except gvfs which to
my knowledge have never used..

  sudo du -shcx /
du: cannot access `/home/xxx/.gvfs': Permission denied
105G	/
105G	total
$ du -shcx /home
64G	/home
64G	total

Unless I used it wrong -x doesn't show anything different.

Regards,  Jim