12.04 become unusable

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 14:09:30 UTC 2012

On 9 September 2012 15:03, G. <pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Integrated graphics is what's on this machine.  Also a Atom processor,
> not the best choice for Unity.

I am running 12.04 on an Acer AspireOne from about 3-4y ago, with a
slowish Atom & chipset graphics, & it works really well. The /single/
problem of any kind I have had is that sometimes when enabling an
external monitor, it rotates it 90°. Set it back and it responds by
rotating the picture on the built-in screen 90°.

A lot of resetting modes and rebooting eventually made this go away.

Other than that, flawless and quite quick.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884