problems with 10.04 upgrade to 12.04 (procps)

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 13:59:06 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Sep 2012 13:06:23 +0200
> Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Now, from all the ordeal that I've been through, is there anything
>> worth reporting on Launchpad?
>>
> yes, update-manager should have told you about the lack of diskspace
> (unless you filled the disk yourself *while* the upgrade was already
> running, it wouldnt be able to detect that indeed)

Likely there was not enough space on /boot, a separate partition. But
I cannot find this error during the original ugprade,
cat /var/log/dist-upgrade/ : http://paste.ubuntu.com/1187299/

so I'm not sure if I should report this.

> and it should have disabled the handbrake PPA before the upgrade ...

As far as I can see the 'handbrake' PPA was disabled:
root at liv-laptop:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# cat handbrake-ubuntu-ppa-lucid.list
# deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/handbrake-ubuntu/ppa/ubuntu precise
main # disabled on upgrade to precise

I think the errors came from the fact that the handbrake* packages
were already installed.

Regards
Liviu