Moving from 10.04 to 12.04

Perry Bhandal perry.bhandal at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 19:26:27 UTC 2012

I prefer a clean install. I keep a copy of /home from my previous install,
and copy over config files for applications that are too time consuming to
reconfigure.

I don't know what the collective wisdom is about allocations, but I've
never set / to more than 15 gigs. I usually do

/ -> 15 gigs
swap -> ram*2
/home -> Remaining space

Perry