Must be nearing 12.10 beta time...

Steven Davies-Morris sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Sat Sep 8 09:18:53 UTC 2012

On 09/07/2012 10:28 PM, NoOp wrote:
> 12.04 updates tonight: 69 updates have been selected. 138.2 MB will be
> downloaded.
>
> Woops, I see a new kernel in there:
>
> Installed version: 3.2.0.30.32
> Available version: 3.2.0.31.34
>
>   - I guess that means I get to reinstall the new nvidia 96.43.23 driver
> that I finally got working last night.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/948053
> [ nvidia-173 and nvidia-96 uninstallable on Precise]
>
> BTW: for those of you that are stuck with nouveau because of nvidia-96,
> you might want to install the new nvidia 96.43.23. Doubled my
> performance on 12.04 & now this desktop is 'almost' comparable to my
> 11.10 desktop (both GNOME Classic/gnome-shell).

I should look into this since my system has crashed 4 times today since
the upgrade after not crashing at all since 12.04 was installed. :(
Actually it has not crashed at all until today since the new mobo was
installed in February using 11.10.
--
SDM a 21st century schizoid man in SoCal
Systems Theory website www.systemstheory.net