problems with 10.04 upgrade to 12.04

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 18:13:56 UTC 2012

Hello
I've run into similar hell when upgrading from Lucid to Precise (and
essentially following the instructions and the release notes). My
issues are not dissimilar to the 'lxde' ones reported here, although
more serious.

Bottom line is that the upgrade botched up, 3.2.0 cannot be booted
fully ('mountall' fails) to a virtual console, and I can operate the
new Precise only from a chroot environment. For more info on this
particular case see my xubuntu-users post [1].
[1] http://www.mentby.com/Group/xubuntu-users/failure-to-upgrade-from-1004-to-12041.html

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Marius Gedminas <marius at pov.lt> wrote:
> Have you ever pastebin'ed the full output of the following commands?
>
>   sudo dpkg --configure -a
>   sudo apt-get -f install
>   sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Following your suggestions (and several others in this thread) here is
the output that I get:
cat /var/log/dist-upgrade/ : http://paste.ubuntu.com/1187299/
dpkg --configure -a : http://paste.ubuntu.com/1187465/
apt-get -fy install : http://paste.ubuntu.com/1187482/
apt-get dist-upgrade : http://paste.ubuntu.com/1187510/
dpkg --get-selections : http://paste.ubuntu.com/1187518/

Any ideas on how to deal with these errors? Regards
Liviu