New subject, clicking .png's gets wine/Outlook

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Sep 3 20:25:48 UTC 2012

On Monday 03 September 2012 16:23:06 Colin Law did opine:

> On 3 September 2012 17:56, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > On Monday 03 September 2012 12:45:54 H. Gأ¶khan Sarؤ± did opine:
> >> Hi Gene,
> >>
> >> Looks like wine messed your default browser. I am not currently using
> >> KDE, but someone in OpenSuse forums* says you can change default
> >> browser following:
> >>
> >> Kmenu > Configure Desktop > Advanced > File Assoc > Text > HTML.
> >
> > I don't have a kmenu, there is only enough kde to get kmail running.
> > The window manager is still gdm.
> >
> >> From there just adjust the Application Preference Order
> >>
> >> Another suggestion in same thread* is:
> >>
> >> Try going to Desktop Settings/Personalised Settings -> Default
> >> Applications
> >
> > Again, there seems not to be a desktop settings in any pulldown.

> >> If these don't work, you can also try saving a HTML in a folder,
> >> right clicking it to get in file's properties, and changing default
> >> application that will handle that kind of file.
> >>
> >> [0]:
> >> http://forums.opensuse.org/applications/404821-how-do-you-change-defa
> >> ult -web-browser-kde4.html

> > I have since installed a few of the usual suspects, but it appears I
> > may have to install the full kde to get that stuff.  I would rather
> > not, and it seems to me that gnome should have the equivalent
> > function, but it isn't in the prefs or admin sections of the
> > pulldowns.
>
> Have you got System Settings?

No.

> If so then have a look in System
> Settings > Details > Default Applications.
>
> You could boot into Unity and check the settings there, but whether
> kmail will use the same settings or not is another matter.

No unity, it is a 10.04.4 LTS install.

> Colin

If I could find the controlling file, I could probably fix it with vim or
gedit.

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
The three questions of greatest concern are -- 1. Is it attractive?
2. Is it amusing?  3. Does it know its place?
		-- Fran Lebowitz, "Metropolitan Life"