Two things discovered after 12.04.1 LTS upgrade (one may, be a bug)

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 3 13:11:10 UTC 2012

On 09/03/2012 07:00 AM, ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:

Message: 3 Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 15:39:01 +0100 From: Colin Law
<clanlaw at googlemail.com> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general
discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Subject: Re: Two things discovered
after 12.04.1 LTS upgrade (one may be a bug) Message-ID:
<CAL=0gLuZbXsqvuswDrE+vD+3uy4A5=FpF06xpKbDa0ZLUjPhyA at mail.gmail.com>
<jridgley2 at austin.rr.com> wrote:
 > Folks,
 >
 > I am in the process of upgrading my systems to 12.04.1 LTS. Three are
 > complete one to go.
 >
 > One of them had the xfce desktop installed one did not. The third one is a
 > server, so no desktop.
 >
 > The one with xfce completed successfully and has xfce, Unity AND GNOME
 > Classic installed, by default. It was a plain vanilla install.
 >
 > The other system has just Unity. This one, I discovered, has a slight
 > problem. If you are not successful entering your password at login the
 > result is a ZOMBIE task of LightDM for every unsuccessful attempt. These do
 > not get reaped until you logout after a successful login. Is this a bug?

It sounds like a bug.  I am not seeing it myself.  By unsuccessful
login is this by entering the wrong password?

Colin

Exactly

Jay
--