Thunderbird Question - Need some HELP!!!

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 14:11:37 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 11:14 AM, larry <larryesu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/30/2012 04:58 PM, Tommy Trussell wrote:
>
>  On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Larry Shields <larryesu at gmail.com<mailto:
>> larryesu at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I am having a problem with TB 14.0, when I try to write a message
>>     it does not show all of my address contacts to the left side of
>>     the message...I have tried using the F9 key which would bring up
>>     the address contacts each time I would write a message which it
>>     did using TB 12.01...
>>
>>     Has something changed, and if so could someone tell me what I need
>>     to do to have it work on TB 14.0
>>

>> I had never before used the F9 feature, but I just tried it and it works
>> on my system. (Acer Netbook running Ubuntu 12.04 with all updates including
>> Thunderbird 14.)
>>
>> You might try logging out and back in to see if that makes a difference.
>> If just F9 isn't working it could be that something is intercepting that
>> key binding.
>>
>> I'm using Unity -- if you're using a different environment that could
>> make a difference.
>>

>>  Thanks for the reply, but when you use the F9 key does it bring up your
> address book names showing them on the left side of your new email
> message...??
> If it does, then there just maybe something different that is using the F9
> key instead of how it use to work.

Yes, when I press the F9 key in Thunderbird, the addresses appear on the
left side. I have never before used that feature, however-- I always use
the autocomplete address feature in the address fields of the compose
window.

It sounds like something is intercepting the F9 key. Either the keybinding
has changed or some other application is grabbing it.

You might try creating a new user account on your system and see if it
works correctly there.