updating from terminal

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 31 21:48:45 UTC 2012

On 31 October 2012 21:36, Laurie Bell <bell359 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I turn on my computer,the dual boot screen comes up,I leave it to boot
> ubuntu,it then opens a black screen asking to log in,I do that it shows that
> the updating has been done.When I press enter it shows a command line.Do I
> have to give a command for it to get it to boot to the desktop? If so what
> would be command.

It should automatically give you the Ubuntu Desktop without doing anything.

What did you mean by

> I get the desktop if I restart,and boot from ubuntu advance

Did you mean it works correctly under some circumstances?

By the way, if you are using the new google compose window then click
the arrow at the right hand end of the bottom bar and select Plain
Text.  Also here we prefer it if you do not top post.  In google click
on the three dots then you will see the old message and can scroll
down into it.

Colin