gufw icon in menu

Wes James comptekki at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 17:11:01 UTC 2012

I installed 12.10 on a core duo imac and sudo apt-get install gufw as
usual, but in 12.10 it doesn't create a firewall icon in the menu.  Is
there a way to do that from the command-line?

It's not to terrible as I can just run it sudo gufw in a terminal....

Ok I found in Settings Manager, Main Menu.   I noticed in the System menu
there is xterm and some other apps checked, but only three that are checked
are showing in the menu (3 out of 8).  Why is that.

I was able to add Firewall Configuration (gufw) - I started typing and it
found firefox and firewall configuration - that's nice.

Thanks,

wes