(Problem solved) Re: problems with flash (youTube) videos and VLC can't read DVDs

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 26 22:09:44 UTC 2012

On 10/25/2012 07:44 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 26/10/12 09:10, Ric Moore wrote:
>> I would think that the problem lies with Adobe and their attitude
>> towards Linux in general. At least nVidia hasn't publicly abandoned
>> us. Ric
>
> ADOBE will no longer support Flash for Linux after the last release of
> Flash so it is of no use telling Adobe that there is a problem with
> their Flash-and-you're-ash application. This, of course, is also why
> there is a push to get HTML5 fully functonal.
>
> BC

Which is why I tried to get Bill to try the video's at the links I
provided with Flash turned off. It is unnecessary to sign up for
anything at youtube; youtube will notice that Flash is not available &
then check to see if the browser is WebM capable, then the video will
revert to HTML5 WebM (actually it's the WebM media format (VP8 & Vorbis)
that is being used) if the video is available in that format.

http://www.webmproject.org/about/faq/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebM