problems with flash (youTube) videos and VLC can't read DVDs

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 25 11:30:43 UTC 2012

On 25/10/12 16:57, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 10/25/2012 01:11 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> On 25/10/12 15:06, Bill Stanley wrote:
>>
>> [.......
>>
>>> I installed chrome and it too shows the same blue shades so it is not
>>> unique to the Firefox browser.  It looks like it's something with
>>> Xubuntu or its drivers.  The funny thing is that I only seem to have
>>> this problem in the last week and I don't believe I changed anything
>>> for at least a month.
>>
>> One of the troubles with helping people with their problems is that they
>> often don't bother to either 1) listen to good advice or 2) won't even
>> acknowledge that the advice they received has solved their problem.
>>
>> Ric Moore gave you the correct answer re your blue video problem. It is
>> a well known problem with Flashplayer. But you keep rabbiting on about
>> "something to do with Xubuntu or its drivers" and so on. Have you tried
>> to do what Ric told you to do?
>
> Ha! You told me! Worked a treat! <cackles> Ric

And as I am a shy and retiring person I didn't want to say that out loud
in public 8-) .

And one day you will also realise that I am right about pavucontrol -
but I won't hold my breath O:-) .

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.9.2 & kernel 3.6.3.1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor