Need drastic surgery on Firefox Bookmarks

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 22:47:33 UTC 2012

On 20 October 2012 23:17, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Huh?  I've been using Xmarks since it was Foxmarks.  It doesn't de-dupe at all.

How very odd - mine does. I simply log into the Xmarks website, select
tools and then click on "Xmarks Bookmark Duplicate Remover".

> I also don't see how to get it to export as HTML, at least not in a
> way that allows editing and reloading.  I can go to MyXmarks, but if
> anything it's slower and more painful than using Firfox directly.

MyXmarks,com. Select Tools, yet again. "Export Bookmakrs to HTML"

Downloads an HTML file to you machine. Fire up vim, edit until you're
flaccid, save the file, delete all of your current bookmarks in your
browser of choice and then import your HTML file.

> What am I missing?

Xmarks Premium maybe, but I'm guessing the "tools" are available to
all Xmarks users - it's not like they are groundbreaking.

--
Steve