Suddenly ... no audio at all

Hans Muecke ubuntu-ml01 at filderstadtweather.eu
Sat Oct 20 16:04:15 UTC 2012

Hi ...

Sometimes within the last 2 days (I suspect after the latest software
update) I completely lost audio. No system notifications, no audio on
youtube or on locally stored files.

Checked if hardware is recognized (it is), played a file with asound
from terminal (which I can't hear), I can rule out faulty hardware since
it works under win ...

I noticed, that when I have the volume window open with volume at 100%
volume drops to 0 as soon as I execute the asound command. I am out of
ideas here ...

--
Talk to you later ... Hans (300 to go)

2012/10/20 15:20
EDDS 201520Z 07005KT CAVOK 21/12 Q1018 NOSIG