installed connman and it trashed my network

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Fri Oct 19 04:48:29 UTC 2012

Using Ubuntu 12.10 Gnome edition, classic Gnome session, on a Dell
laptop with wired network and WiFi.

Installation went fine. I had to install openconnect because Cisco
AnyConnect wouldn't work for some reason. Openconnect worked great.

Then I read on the openconnect site that there's a GUI manager for
openconnect, called connman, and I decided to install it. HUGE MISTAKE.

Networking is offline. The network indicator has disappeared from the
panel. /etc/network/interfaces has been reduced to a skeleton with only
the lo interface in it.

I uninstalled connman but the system is still offline.

What can I do to fix it?

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/