upgrading to 12.04.1 stalled

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 15:47:13 UTC 2012

On 18 October 2012 16:24, Udvarias Ur <udvarias1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> and that the *Terminal* was now available. So I open the *Terminal*. I
> wanted to save the output on the *Terminal*, so I highlighted it all and
> pressed Ctrl-c. I immediately got the dialogue box

For future reference, when you highlight the text in a terminal, it's
copied to the clipboard immediately - no need to press and Control
keystroke combinations. To paste it, click the middle mouse button,
although many apps will also respond to CTRL-V too, if that's
ingrained in you.

> This did not change for some time so I decided to turn off the monitor and
> change.

Hit the enter key or press the backspace key a few times. There's a
chance you've typed a character (or several) into the output and that
the shell has stopped any further output because it thinks you're
about to give it some more text to execute when the current command
ends.

If you've inadvertently hit CTRL-S (pause output) you'll need to hit
CTRL-Q (resume output) so it's worth hitting CTRL-Q too, just in case.

--
Steve