samba question moving to LTS 12.04

Linda haniganwork at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 16 14:01:22 UTC 2012

I am trying to set up a new machine with LTS 12.04 to
replace a machine running LTS 10.04.4   I am trying to set
up samba.
  I copied my old smb.conf file and ran testparm on it and
get an error message
                    You must specify both machine name and
an IP address
I tried looking around and see that the templates for the
samba configuration file now have an interface line and name
resolve line. I added these lines but still get the error
message. I see on the current examples where the machine
name is set just like for the older versions, but do not see
any place they are setting the IP address of the machine.
Where are you suppose to set the ipaddress?
                Thanks
                 Linda