Bug submission fails - ttf-msttrcorfonts-installer

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 23:29:12 UTC 2012

I'm having weird problems with this.

I try to use scripts to manage the packages for me, so that I can keep
track of what I have and why.
I just added the playonlinux package, dragging in a slew of other
stuff, including the package
   ttf-mscorefonts-installer
or at least that's what Synaptic called it.\

The apt-get run was executing under script(1) in an xterm so that I
could refer back to what happened.  But what happened was quite
unexpected: the terminal color changed and I was suddenly looking at a
blueish window that appeared to be (part of) a character-based dialog
box.  All progress stopped, but I could not find a way to respond to
the dialog.  I had to reboot before I could get synaptic to even try
the installation manually (it kept complaining about inability to get
locks).

I got it installed, but wanted to submit a bug report.  Things got
even more weird.  The browser that ubuntu-bug brought up is calling
the package "msttcorefonts", which synaptic does not seem to know
about.  But the biggie is that I've been looking at a message: "Please
wait while bug data is processed. This page will refresh every 10
seconds until processing is complete." for a half-hour now, and this
is not the first time I've tried.  I'm making a wild guess that the
bug stuff is also having problems with that package.

SO: is there a good way to report a bug about bug-reporting that does
not involve ubuntu-bug?  Or maybe I could use ubuntu-bug if I could
figure out what package it belongs to (synaptic does not know about
"ubuntu-bug" either).  There's probably an app for that, just not one
whose name I remember.

--
Kevin O'Gorman