Recovery Mode Failure

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Mon Oct 15 13:38:39 UTC 2012

Yorvyk wrote:
> Any body used the recovery menu in Quantal lately and does it work or not?
>
> I've filed a bug [1]

What exactly happens? Your bug says that 'the system hangs'; mine's
just started a fsck, does yours get that far?

> and I've seen mention of the problem in forum threads but very
> little seems to be happening on this.  It’s going to be a problem
> rescuing failed upgrades/installs next weekend if it doesn't work.

Bugs are assigned time/effort roughly based on their 'heat', which is
the number in the flame to the right of the 'This bug affects X
people, does this bug affect you?' line. If you click on it you can
see how the scoring works.

--
Avi