GRUB badly broken during upgrade

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 9 04:02:26 UTC 2012

On 10/08/2012 01:24 PM, Tom H wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 4:24 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> On 10/07/2012 10:38 AM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh, and the results of the bootinfo script are attached.
>>
>> This is what pastebin is for:
>> http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/
>> also see:
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Pastebin
>
> The disadvantage of the pastebin sites is that the uploads are deleted
> after a period of time whereas pasting the (long) ooutput inline or
> attaching it preserves all the information.

I suppose & YMMV, but I'd say that 2-3 years is certainly long enough
for the problem to be examined and resolved. Example:

<http://pastebin.com/f503f5f43>
[unr3a1
By: a guest on Apr 2nd, 2009  |  syntax: None  |  size: 3.71 KB  |
hits: 54  |  expires: Never]

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/528557/
[Paste from kaushal at Tue, 9 Nov 2010 07:46:05 +0000]

IMO encouraging a poster (and a moderator (Kevin) for this list to boot)
to post 739 lines (which includes a 38.4KB attachment) rather than post
to a postbin doesn't make sense & seems rude (to me).