Creating a Mini Site for Installing Software in Ubuntu

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Mon Oct 8 11:48:07 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'd like to create a mini web site with links to my favorite / recommended
applications to be installed after installing a fresh Ubuntu. A web site I
can send to newbies and I can use right after I finish installing and
updating Ubuntu.

I'd like the site to look similar to the Ubuntu Software Center
Catalog<https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/>,
but will include the apps I choose, with a screenshot, a description and a
"button" to click on (actually an 'apt://' link) to trigger the
installation.

Is there a tutorial for creating such links?

It would be nice if I could create a user on the said site, add my favorite
apps to a list and publish that list...

I've seen some such links on one of the Ubuntu related sites (can't
remember where).

Thanks!

  Amichai Rotman
 Penguin - FLOSS Computer Service and Technical Consulting
 +972-73-7962360 ||  +972-54-4605787